The Art of Engagement: Bridging the Gap Between People and Possibilities
"Haudan’s approach helps organizations bring strategies to life by engaging the hearts and minds of their people.”
-Marcus Buckingham, bestselling author of Go Put Your Strengths to Work
Almost any business leader will admit that creating a strategy is far easier than executing it. That’s because the majority of organizations don’t know how to bridge the canyons that exist between executives, managers, and front-line employees. Most strategic initiatives fail when a company tries to execute strategy despite its people rather than through them.
As CEO of consultancy Root Learning, Jim Haudan has more than twenty years experience helping businesses bridge these canyons and achieve their strategic goals. Here, he shares his secrets for driving this strategic execution. Refreshingly accessible, this important book presents executives, managers, and team leaders with a proven, effective way to communicate, empower, and motivate employees at every level of an organization.
Through stories, illustrations, and insightful observations Haudan explores the concept of engagement in business--from the “roots of engagement” to the six reasons why so many workers rank themselves as disengaged to the keys to unlocking engagement in any organization. He also includes a framework for implementing the process of strategically engaging employees as well as a self-assessment for checking your own company’s level of strategic engagement.
The Art of Engagement equips you with a range of tools--sketches, illustrations, and highly visual “learning maps”--to help employees speak the same language, see from the same point of view, and connect their individual actions to the success of the whole company. Included are:
- Engaging visual learning tools designed to help you communicate more effectively with your workforce
- Proven methods for successfully engaging employees at every level of an organization
- Real-world case studies of such organizations as Harley-Davidson, Pepsi Cola, and Blockbuster
A strategy may look perfect on paper, but it’s worthless if leaders forget that human beings have to implement it. The Art of Engagement arms you with the knowledge and the know-how to engage your employees and drive effective strategic execution.
Direct Download Links:
- Request for free at:
Related Books at ISBNlib
- Engaging the Hearts and Minds of All Your Employees: How to Ignite Passionate Performance for Better Business Results
- Engaged Leadership: Building a Culture to Overcome Employee Disengagement
- Outliers: The Story of Success
- Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery (Voices That Matter)